- Book Launch Party — Saturday, October 28, 5-7 p.m., Beal House, 222 Main Street, Kingston, Ma.Join us for a unique father-son book event that includes Ken’s dad, Robert Brack, discussing his new memoir, With Gratitude, which tells the story of Barker Steel Co., a family-owned business that grew through four generations to become one of the largest reinforcing bar fabricators and construction suppliers in the Northeast. Ken will introduce Especially For You, which tells the stories of people who respond to catastrophic loss by finding a new purpose. Refreshments and hors d’oeuvres included.
- Author Talks presentation — Thursday, Nov. 30, 7 p.m., Kingston Council of Aging, 30 Evergreen Street, Kingston, Ma. Join Ken as he discusses his new book and shows the book trailer, followed by a Q & A session. Books will be available through Westwinds Bookshop of Duxbury. Advance registration is requested through the Kingston Public Library or by calling the COA at 781-585-0512. Free Admission.
Coverage of Especially For You
- “Ken Brack Writes of Life After Unspeakable Loss,” Kingston Reporter, WickedLocal.com., October 13, 2017
- “Kingston Fall Author Talks Presents Ken Brack” Kingston Reporter, WickedLocal.com., November 23, 2017
Coverage and and praise for Closer By The Mile
- South Shore Living magazine. Suggested Best Read, Winter 2014
- Boston Globe – Globe South feature article July 18, 2013
- Cape Cod Times, New Bedford Standard Times. Feature article August 1, 2013
- Jimmy Fund web site, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, “Rider-writer spins story of the Pan-Mass Challenge.” July 31, 2013
- Run Walk Ride Fundraising Council newsletter, “New book profiles the PMC.” June 19, 2013